£34,500 – £39,000 + car allowance (higher or lower paybands available according to experience)
Part or full time, permanent with flexible working patterns and hybrid home working options
Perth & Argyll – based from our Perth office hub or South Scotland – based from our Edinburgh office hub
5pm, Monday 26th February 2024
At TreeStory, we are committed to building a future where people and planet can thrive together. We offer holistic and sustainable solutions that combine our technical expertise with our passion for the natural environment. We believe that well-managed trees, woodlands and forests make the world a better place. We are proud to be in the process of gaining B-Corp accreditation, demonstrating our commitment as a business to be a force for good in the world.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a professional Forestry Consultant to join our expanding team and contribute towards our goal of delivering exceptional forestry and habitat restoration projects across Scotland. This role would be focused on delivering our work in Perth & Argyll, particularly on the west coast, reporting to our Perth office hub approximately once a week. We welcome full or part time applications for this permanent post.
Our Forestry Consultants are responsible for implementing our projects and making sure that our distinctive core values are delivered on the ground. These core values are set out in our Woodland Charter, which you can read about here. The role is focused on the practical delivery of projects including site surveys, mapping, document preparation and operational supervision.
We use an integrated team approach to all our work. You will report to one of our Senior Project & Forestry Consultants who will provide high level support for your projects. A separate mentor will also be available to help you develop your professional skills. You will also work with our Foresters & Graduates and help them to grow their skills & experience.
- Working with the Senior Project & Forestry Consultant to develop detailed plans for the delivery of our projects.
- Carrying out assigned project tasks such as site survey work, mapping, document preparation and operational supervision and then reporting to the Senior Project & Forestry Consultant.
- Communicating with the client or stakeholders about day to day operational activities.
- We are a tech savvy company using Asana as our project management software. You would be expected to use this software to plan, capture, track and report on your assigned projects & tasks.
- Contributing your insight and ideas at company meetings.
- Preference for working for an ambitious, purpose driven start up rather than a well-established corporate company.
- Connect deeply with the work and core values of TreeStory Ltd, deeply passionate about making a positive environmental impact as well as the B-Corp ethos of business as a force for good.
- Keen to adopt innovative ways of working and think outside the box. Not afraid to push the boundaries of current knowledge, understanding and standard practice.
- Committed to continual learning & development and prepared to experiment.
- A motivated team player, keen to help and encourage all team members.
- Not intimidated by learning new technology, a keen adopter of technological tools to help us do our work. Proficiency in the following tools would be ideal: Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Zoom, Asana, QGIS.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Understand the importance of good communication to our brand.
- Enjoy the challenge of adapting well laid plans to connect with the real world.
- At least 2 years’ post-qualification experience in forestry.
- Have a demonstrable background in and passion for regenerative forest management.
- Be a professional member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or be working towards professional membership.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected], telling us what excited you about this opportunity and what you feel you could bring to the role, no later than 5pm on Monday 26th February 2024.
If you would like an informal and confidential conversation prior to applying, please feel free to set up a call with our CEO & Co-Founder Gordon Brown, 0131 6000 313, [email protected].
TreeStory is for everyone. We believe in an equitable and inclusive work environment and that a diverse, empowered team is key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who expand our perspective and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition. We are committed to sustained action to dismantle racist systems, policies, practices and ideologies within ourselves and our networks. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.