Commensurate with experience
Full-time, permanent with flexible working patterns
Perthshire or Stirlingshire
4 April 2021
Our generation has the opportunity to do something different. To reverse species and habitat loss, halt our warming climate and reconnect ourselves with nature. By providing innovative and holistic forestry management, our team aims at changing the industry, the landscape and the connection between nature and society. We offer purpose-driven forestry solutions that integrate technical expertise, inspiration and the sheer pleasure that comes from taking a deep breath of fresh, forest air. We aspire to become a fully certified B-Corp demonstrating our commitment as a business to be a force for good in the world.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a forester to join our expanding team. This role will be focused on our diverse portfolio of woodland creation and forest management projects, shaped by our distinctive core values. There may also be opportunities to assist with our green investment and EcoCarbon services teams.
The successful applicant will have a passion for sustainable forest management, and creating an innovative and more ecologically sensitive approach to forestry. They will be fully committed to our core mission to protect, expand, connect and diversify Scotland’s forest and woodland resource.
- Demonstrable background in, and passion for, Sustainable Forest Management.
- Be (or be working towards becoming) a professional member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters and have at least 2 years post-qualification experience in forestry.
- Connect deeply with the work and core values of TreeStory Ltd, including a strong commitment to environmental stewardship and good silvicultural practice, as well as the concepts promoted by the B-Corp movement of ‘business as a force for good.’
- Possess the determination, hard-work and drive required to be part of a dynamic and growing business.
- Commitment for continual growth as a professional and desire to push the boundaries of current knowledge and understanding.
- A basic understanding of the growing market in carbon sequestration and natural capital would be an advantage, as would an understanding of the woodland and land investment market.
- A full UK driving license is essential.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to the e-mail below, telling us what excites you about this opportunity and what you feel you could bring to the role.
Gordon Brown | Managing Director
0131 6000313 | [email protected]